Compilation of Rules and Regulations of the State of Georgia
Department 590 - RULES OF OFFICE OF SECRETARY OF STATE
Chapter 590-4 - COMMISSIONER OF SECURITIES
Subject 590-4-4 - INVESTMENT ADVISERS AND REPRESENTATIVES
Rule 590-4-4-.09 - Examination Requirements
Current through Rules and Regulations filed through September 25, 2023
(1) Unless otherwise waived by the Commissioner, an investment adviser, registered or required to be registered pursuant to Section 10-5-32, or an investment adviser representative, registered or required to be registered pursuant to Section 10-5-33, shall take and pass within the two-year period immediately preceding the date of the application, except in regards to the Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) Exam which the applicant shall take and pass within the four-year period immediately preceding the date of the application:
(2) In the event the applicant for registration as an investment adviser is an entity, rather than an individual, the examination shall be taken on behalf of the applicant by one of its officers, a general partner, a manager, or other managing executive of comparable status and position.
(3) Any person who has been registered as an investment adviser or an investment adviser representative in any state requiring the licensing, registration or qualification of investment advisers or investment adviser representatives within the two year period immediately preceding the date of filing an application shall not be required to comply with the examination requirement set forth in subsection (1) of this Rule.
(4) Compliance with subsections (1) and (2) of this Rule is waived if the applicant has been awarded any of the following designations and, at the time of filing an application, is current and in good standing:
(5) An applicant shall not be required to meet the examination requirement in subsection (1) of this Rule if:
O.C.G.A. §§ 10-5-32, 10-5-33, 10-5-35, 10-5-41, 10-5-74.
Original Rule entitled "Examination Requirements" adopted. F. Nov. 18, 2011; eff. Dec. 8, 2011.
Amended: F. Mar. 9, 2012; eff. Mar. 29, 2012.
Amended: F. Mar. 8, 2019; eff. Mar. 28, 2019.