Compilation of Rules and Regulations of the State of Georgia
Department 360 - RULES OF GEORGIA COMPOSITE MEDICAL BOARD.
Chapter 360-8 - PAIN MANAGEMENT CLINICS
Rule 360-8-.10 - Reinstatement
RULE 360-8-.10. Reinstatement
(1) A license which is revoked for failure to renew may be reinstated upon the discretion of the Board upon receipt of a reinstatement application and fee.
(2) Applicants for reinstatement must be owned by a physician. If the clinic's original license was issued under the grandfather clause, the clinic must now meet the requirements of 360-8-.02,"Pain Management Clinic License Requirements."
(3) The Board may also require the applicant to meet with the Board or a committee of the Board.
(4) Each owner, principal, manager, agent, officer, and licensed health care practitioner must pass a criminal background check and further investigation, at the Board's discretion.
(5) This provision of this rule shall not be construed to limit the ability of the Board to impose sanctions for continuing to practice with an expired license.
(6) Reinstatement of the license is within the discretion of the Board.
(7) The Board may deny reinstatement if it determines that the granting or renewing of such license would not be in the public interest.
(8) The denial of reinstatement is not a contested case, but the applicant shall be entitled to an appearance before the Board.
O.C.G.A. Section 43-34-287.(Original Rule entitled "Reinstatement" adopted. F. Jun. 23, 2014; eff. Jul. 13, 2014.)