Compilation of Rules and Regulations of the State of Georgia
Department 360 - RULES OF GEORGIA COMPOSITE MEDICAL BOARD.
Chapter 360-28 - PHYSICIAN PROFILES
Rule 360-28-.06 - Physician Comments
RULE 360-28-.06. Physician Comments
(1) A physician shall have thirty (30) days from the date of receipt of a copy of the initial profile to submit comments to the Board regarding information to be published in the initial profile.
(2) A physician shall have thirty (30) days from the date of receipt of an amended profile, if the amendment relates to malpractice, hospital staff privileges or disciplinary action, to submit comments regarding information that has been published in the amended profile.
(3) A copy of the profile or amended profile mailed to the physician by the Board shall be deemed received by the physician five (5) days after the date of mailing, unless the physician submits satisfactory evidence to the Board of a later receipt date.
(4) A physician's comments shall not exceed 100 words and must be in regard to information published in the physician's profile or amended profile, whichever is applicable.
(5) A physician's comments shall not reveal patient names or information that would reveal the identity of a patient, shall not contain profanity and the comments shall not contain information that is confidential, defamatory or libelous pursuant to state and/or federal law.
O.C.G.A. Secs. 43-34-24, 43-34A-3, 43-34A-8.(Original Rule entitled "Physician Comments" adopted. F. Jan. 2, 2003; eff. Jan. 22, 2003. Amended: F. Apr. 18, 2003; eff. May 8, 2003.)