Compilation of Rules and Regulations of the State of Georgia
Department 360 - RULES OF GEORGIA COMPOSITE MEDICAL BOARD.
Chapter 360-28 - PHYSICIAN PROFILES
Rule 360-28-.05 - Updates and Corrections
RULE 360-28-.05. Updates and Corrections
(1) A physician shall utilize the form attached to this chapter as Exhibit 2 to update or correct the physician's profile.
(2) A physician may update or correct profile information via the Internet, except that a physician will not be permitted to update the following profile items listed in O.C.G.A. §§43-34A-3(c)(11) through (17) after initial publication:
(a) Felony criminal convictions.
(b) Felony charges to which a plea of nolo contendere was entered.
(c) Final disciplinary actions by a regulatory board as defined in O.C.G.A. §43-34A-3(c).
(d) Final revocations or any final disciplinary actions resulting in any restriction of hospital privileges, either involuntary or by agreement, for reasons related to competence or character.
(e) Resignations from or nonrenewal of staff privileges taken in lieu of or in settlement of pending disciplinary action related to competence or character.
(f) Final medical malpractice court judgments, medical malpractice awards or medical malpractice settlements that are required to be disclosed pursuant to Code Sections 43-34A-3(c)(16) and 43-34A- 3(c)(17).
(3) When a profile is updated or corrected regarding malpractice, hospital staff privileges, or disciplinary action, whether by submission of a hard copy or via the Internet, the Board will mail a copy of the updated or corrected profile as published to the physician.
(4) The profile items listed in O.C.G.A. §§43-34A-3(c)(11) through (17) shall be reported to the Board within 10 days of the judgment, award, settlement, revocation, resignation and/or disciplinary action.
(a) When updating or correcting the profile items listed in O.C.G.A. §§43-34A-3(c)(11) through (17), the physician shall provide the Board with a copy of the judgment, award, settlement, revocation and/or disciplinary action.
(b) Failure to report this information within 10 days of judgment, award, settlement, revocation, resignation and/or disciplinary action may result in disciplinary action.
(5) All other changes to the physician's profile, including practice address, shall be reported by the physician to the Board, in writing or via the Internet, within 30 days of the date of the change.
(6) It is the responsibility of the physician to submit on a form provided by the Board notification of changes in the physician profile including, but not limited to any outdated information on the profile involving malpractice information, hospital disciplinary actions, resignations or non-renewals, changes of address or practice and malpractice insurance status.
O.C.G.A. Secs. 43-34-24, 43-34-37, 43-34A-3, 43-34A-7, 43-34A-8.(Original Rule entitled "Updates and Corrections" adopted. F. Jan. 2, 2003; eff. Jan. 22, 2003. Amended: F. Apr. 18, 2003; eff. May 8, 2003. Amended: F. Nov. 15, 2013; eff. Dec. 5, 2013.)