Compilation of Rules and Regulations of the State of Georgia
Department 360 - RULES OF GEORGIA COMPOSITE MEDICAL BOARD.
Chapter 360-28 - PHYSICIAN PROFILES
Rule 360-28-.01 - Definitions
RULE 360-28-.01. Definitions
(1) Board means the Georgia Composite Medical Board.
(2) Final disciplinary action means:
(a) Any of the following final disciplinary actions taken by the Board or its counterpart in any other state, any state licensing board in Georgia or in any other state within the ten year period immediately prior to the date of the profile:
1. Refusal to grant a license to an applicant;
2. Public or private reprimand, provided that the first private reprimand shall not be reported for physician profiles;
3. License suspension for a definite period;
4. Limitation or restriction of a license;
5. License revocation;
6. Conditioning the penalty or withholding formal disposition upon the physician's submission to the care counseling or treatment of physicians or other professional persons, and the completion of such care, counseling or treatment as directed by the licensing board;
8. "Final" in disciplinary action under section (a) of 360-28-.01(2) means:
(i) In contested cases, any of the discipline listed in 360-28-.01(2)(a)1. through 7. imposed by final decision of the Board, its counterpart in any other state, any state licensing board in Georgia or in any other state.
(ii) Any of the discipline listed in 360-28-.01(2)(a)1. through 7. that was imposed by agreement between the physician and the Board or its counterpart in any other state or any state licensing board in Georgia or in any other state.
(b) Any final hospital disciplinary action resulting in revocation or any restriction of hospital privileges, either involuntary or by agreement, for reasons related to competence or character that is taken on or after April 11, 2001 and within the ten-year period immediately prior to the date of the profile.
(c) Final disciplinary action taken prior to April 11, 2001 shall not be included within the definition of this term.
(3) Current profile means the most recent profile on file with and published by the Board.
(4) Judgment means court decision and shall include criminal convictions and entered pleas of nolo contendere.
(5) Physician means a doctor of medicine or osteopathy licensed by the Board pursuant to Article 2, Chapter 34, Title 43 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated.
(6) Medical school faculties mean academic appointments. The term medical school faculties shall not include hospital affiliation or privileges.
(7) Profile questionnaire means the form attached to this chapter as Exhibit 1.
(8) Public means any person or entity.
O.C.G.A. Secs. 43-34-24, 43-34A-1, 43-34A-3, 43-34A-8.(Original Rule entitled "Definitions" adopted. F. Jan. 2, 2003; eff. Jan. 22, 2003. Amended: F. Nov. 15, 2013; eff. Dec. 5, 2013.)