Compilation of Rules and Regulations of the State of Georgia
Department 360 - RULES OF GEORGIA COMPOSITE MEDICAL BOARD.
Chapter 360-2 - LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
Rule 360-2-.16 - Educational Training Certificate
RULE 360-2-.16. Educational Training Certificate
(1) A physician licensed in another state or foreign country who intends to enter into this state for the sole purpose of participating in or providing educational training that involves the provision of patient care must apply for an educational training certificate in order to provide patient care. For purposes of this rule "educational training" shall include medical education training, conference, clinics, workshops or courses.
(2) The applicant for an education training certificate must complete an application form provided by the Board, including all required documents, signatures and seals. Said application must include:
(a) Proof of licensure in good standing in the applicant's current and licensing jurisdictions on a form approved by the Board. For the purpose of this rule "good standing" shall mean that the applicant has had no disciplinary action taken against his/her license by any state and that his/her license in any state is still active.
(b) A current report from the National Practitioner's Databank.
(c) Information about the educational program including:
1. Program Sponsor
2. Copies of program agendas, including the name of the provider(s), and the topics covered.
3. Other instructor's names and credentials
4. Location of the course.
(d) A fee as set by the Board on the fee schedule.
(3) Any educational training certificate issued by the Board will be valid for three months after issuance. After that time, it will expire. Any out of state physician needing additional time for an educational training certificate must reapply for an additional certificate.
O.C.G.A. Sections 43-34-5 and 43-34-29.2.(Original Rule entitled "Educational Training Certificate" adopted. F. Oct. 16, 2013; eff. Nov. 5, 2013. Amended: F. Feb. 19, 2016; eff. Mar. 10, 2016.)