Compilation of Rules and Regulations of the State of Georgia
Department 360 - RULES OF GEORGIA COMPOSITE MEDICAL BOARD.
Chapter 360-2 - LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
Rule 360-2-.06 - Inactive Licensure Status
RULE 360-2-.06. Inactive Licensure Status
(1) Licensee who wishes to maintain his or her medical license but who does not wish to practice medicine and surgery in this State may apply to the Board for inactive status by submitting an application and the fee. A licensee with an inactive license may not practice medicine in this State.
(2) In order to reinstate a license to practice medicine, an applicant must complete an application and pay a reinstatement fee. The applicant must be able to demonstrate to the satisfaction of the Board that he or she has maintained current knowledge, skill and proficiency in the practice of medicine and that he or she is mentally and physically able to practice medicine with reasonable skill and safety.
(3) Reinstatement of the license is within the discretion of the Board.
(4) The Board may require the passage of an examination, such as SPEX or PLAS or other competency assessments. The Board, in its discretion, may impose any remedial requirements deemed necessary.
(5) The Board may deny reinstatement for failure to demonstrate current knowledge, skill and proficiency in the practice of medicine or being mentally or physically unable to practice medicine with reasonable skill and safety or for any ground set forth in O.C.G.A. §43-34-8.
(6) The denial of reinstatement is not a contested case, but the applicant shall be entitled to an appearance before the Board.
(7) The fee for reinstatement of a license shall be designated in the fee schedule.
O.C.G.A. Secs. 43-1-7, 43-1-19, 43-1-22, 43-34-5, 43-34-8, 43-34-24, 43-34-24.1, 43-34-26, 43-34-37.(Original Rule entitled "Recording of License" adopted. F. and eff. June 30,1965. Repealed: New Rule of same title adopted. F. Oct. 2, 1970; eff. Oct. 22, 1970. Repealed: New Rule of same title adopted. F. Jan. 26, 1976; eff. Feb. 15, 1976. Repealed: New Rule entitled "Order for Mental or Physical Evaluation" adopted. F. June 17, 1985; eff. July 7, 1985. Repealed: New Rule entitled "Inactive Licensure Status" adopted. F. Jan. 24, 2002; eff. Feb. 13, 2002. Repealed: New Rule of same title adopted. F. May, 11, 2012; eff. May 31, 2012.)