Compilation of Rules and Regulations of the State of Georgia
Department 360 - RULES OF GEORGIA COMPOSITE MEDICAL BOARD.
Chapter 360-13 - RESPIRATORY CARE PROFESSIONALS, TECHNICIANS AND THERAPISTS
Rule 360-13-.07 - Renewal and Recertification
RULE 360-13-.07. Renewal and Recertification
(1) Certificates will expire on the last day of the month in which the applicant's birthday falls.
(2) Approximately 60 days prior to the expiration date, the Board may, as a courtesy, email a notice for renewal of certificate to the certificate holder's last email address on file in the Board's records.
(3) Failure to receive such notification shall not relieve the certificate holder of the obligation to renew the certificate and pay the required fee prior to the expiration date of the certificate. Deposit of the renewal fee by the Board does not indicate acceptance of the renewal application or that any licensing requirements have been fulfilled.
(4) To be eligible for renewal and recertification, a certificate holder must answer questions on their biennial renewal form, which establish satisfaction of Board approved continuing education requirements. The Board shall not renew the certificates of applicants who failed to comply with Board approved continuing education requirements.
(5) To be eligible for renewal and recertification, a certificate holder must also furnish satisfactory evidence that he or she continues to work under the supervision of a physician who meets the requirements of Rule 360-13-.01(d). This evidence must be furnished on a form prescribed by the Board. The Board shall not renew the certificates of applicants who are not working under the supervision of a physician who meets the requirements of Rule 360-13-.01(d).
(6) Failure to renew a certificate by the designated expiration date shall result in a penalty for late renewal as required by the Board. Certificates that are not renewed within 3months of expiration shall be revoked for failure to renew and may be reinstated only as provided in Rule 360-13-.09.
(7) A certificate holder with an expired certificate shall not engage in the practice of respiratory care or to represent himself or herself as a certified respiratory care professional until such time as the Board has approved his or her application for renewal or reinstatement.
(8) Notwithstanding the provisions of paragraph (6) of this rule, any service member as defined in O.C.G.A. §15-12-1 whose license to practice medicine expired while on active duty outside the state shall be permitted to practice in accordance with the expired license and shall not be charged with a violation relating to such practice on an expired license for a period of six (6) months from the date of his or her discharge from active duty or reassignment to a location within the state. Such service member shall be entitled to renew such expired license without penalty within six (6) months after the date of his or her discharge from active duty or reassignment to a location within this state. The service member must present to the Board a copy of the official military orders or a written verification signed by the service member's commanding officer to waive any charges.
(9) All renewal applicants must provide an affidavit and a secure and verifiable document in accordance with O.C.G.A. 50-36-1(f). If the applicant has previously provided a secure and verifiable document and affidavit of United States citizenship, no additional documentation of citizenship is required for renewal. If the applicant for renewal is not a United States citizen, he/she must submit documentation that will determine his/her qualified alien status. The Board participates in the DHS-USCIS SAVE (Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements or "SAVE") program for purpose of verifying citizenship and immigration status information of non-U.S. citizens. If the applicant for renewal is a qualified alien or non-immigrant under the Federal Immigration and Nationality Act, he/she must provide the alien number issued by the Department of Homeland Security or other federal agency.
O.C.G.A. Secs. 43-1-19, 43-34-3, 43-34-143 to 43-34-147, 43-34-150, 43-34-151.(Original Rule entitled "Continuing Education Requirements" adopted. F. Jan. 12, 1994; eff. Feb. 1, 1994. Amended: F. Jan. 13, 1997; eff. Feb. 2, 1997. Amended: F. May 11, 1998; eff. May 31, 1998. Repealed: New Rule entitled "Renewal and Recertification" adopted. F. Aug. 14, 2003; eff. Sept. 3, 2003. Repealed: New Rule of same title adopted. F. Mar. 10, 2004; eff. Mar. 30, 2004. Amended: F. Apr. 12, 2006; eff. May 2, 2006. Repealed: New Rule of same title adopted. F. Oct. 6, 2009; eff. Oct. 26, 2009. Amended: F. Jan. 13, 2014; eff. Feb. 2, 2014. Amended: F. Jun. 11, 2014; eff. Jul. 1, 2014.)