Alabama Administrative Code
Title 810 - Alabama Department of Revenue
Chapter 810-8-5 - NATURAL RESOURCES AND LICENSE TAX DIVISION
810-8-5-.11 - Mechanism To Be Used to Notify Municipalities
810-8-5-.11. Mechanism To Be Used to Notify Municipalities
(1) PURPOSE: Section 11-51-193, Code of Ala. 1975, requires the Department of Revenue to distribute a list of state regulatory boards and agencies to all municipal license officers. In order to ensure that the list of regulatory boards and agencies is received at the proper place and in a timely manner, the Department will send the list to the location and contact person of each municipality as designated on the registration form filed with the Department.
(2) REQUIREMENT: The Department is required to distribute a list of regulatory boards and agencies to municipal license officers for use in issuing business licenses. The list will be distributed to municipalities using the addresses shown on the forms prescribed in paragraph three (3) below. The form should be submitted to the Alabama Department of Revenue, Business and License Tax Division, License Section, P. O. Box 327550, Montgomery, Alabama 36132-7550.
(3) REGISTRATION FORM: The form attached as Appendix A entitled Municipality Registration Form should be completed by each municipality to indicate the location and contact person to receive the list of state regulatory boards and agencies. The following information should be provided.
(a) Municipality's (city or town) name.
(b) Telephone number.
(c) Physical address.
(d) Mailing address.
(e) Contact person's name, e-mail address, and telephone number.
(f) Preferred delivery method.
(g) Signature of authorized officer.
(4) REPORTING CHANGES: Any changes (i.e. address, telephone number, contact person) should be reported to the Department in writing on a registration form, as prescribed in paragraph three (3) above.
(5) WEBSITE: Municipalities requiring information related to the state regulatory boards and agencies may visit the Department of Revenue's website.(New Rule: Filed October 26, 2006; effective November 30, 2006. ATTACHMENT - 810-8-5-.11 See Image at http://www.alabamaadministrativecode.state.al.us/docs/rev/MWord8REV5.pdf Statutory Authority: Code of Ala. 1975, § 40-2A-7(a)(5), Act 2006-586. New Form (Municipality Registration Form): Filed October 26, 2006; effective November 30, 2006. Amended by Alabama Administrative Monthly Volume XXXVI, Issue No. 01, October 31, 2017, eff. November 16, 2017.)
Authors: Ella Jones, Alisa G. JohnsonStatutory Authority:Code of Ala. 1975, § 40-2A-7(a)(5), Act 2006-586.