Alabama Administrative Code
Title 810 - Alabama Department of Revenue
Chapter 810-2-8 - ALABAMA BUSINESS PRIVILEGE TAX AND CORPORATE SHARES TAX
810-2-8-.13 - Requirements For The Business Privilege Tax Declaration For Electronic Filing
810-2-8-.13. Requirements For The Business Privilege Tax Declaration For Electronic Filing
(1) SCOPE - This rule defines the information required for the Business Privilege Tax declaration for electronic filing through the Alabama Business Modernized E-File Program (MeF).
(2) The Business Privilege Tax Declaration for Electronic Filing requires the following information and authorizations:
(a) The Business Entity/Company name.
(b) The Business Entity/Company Federal Employer Identification Number.
(c) The Business Entity/Company Business Privilege Account Number.
(d) The Business Entity/Company address.
(e) The net annual report fee due reported by the electronic return.
(f) The total Business Privilege Tax Due reported by the electronic return.
(g) The amount of refund reported by the electronic return.
(h) The amount due reported by the electronic return.
(i) The amount of payment remitted electronically.
(j) If applicable, authorization for the Department and its designated financial agent to initiate an electronic funds withdrawal (direct debit) entry to the financial institution account indicated in the tax preparation software for payment of the entity' s Alabama taxes owed on this return, and the financial institution to debit the entry to this account.
(k) Authorization for the Department to discuss the return and attachments with the preparer.
(l) Consent to the disclosure of all information pertaining to the user of the computer system and software used to create the business return and to the electronic transmission of the business tax return to the Department.
(m) The signature of an officer/partner of the Business Entity/Company, their title and date of the signature. The Department will accept a signature made on a signature pad (defined in Rule 810-2-8-.12).
(n) The signature of the electronic return originator and date of the signature.
(o) An indication whether the electronic return originator is self-employed.
(p) The firm name of the electronic return originator.
(q) The address, including the zip code, of the electronic return originator.
(r) The federal employer identification number of the electronic return originator.
(s) If the paid preparer is different from the electronic return originator, the following information is required:
1. The signature of the paid preparer and date of the signature.
2. An indication whether the paid preparer is self-employed.
3. The firm name of the paid preparer.
4. The address, including the zip code, of the paid preparer.
(3) The signatures of the officer/partner, the electronic return originator, and the paid preparer (if the paid preparer is different from the electronic return originator) must be affixed to the Alabama Form AL8453-B - Business Privilege Tax Declaration for Electronic Filing before the return is electronically transmitted.
(a) Members of the firm or designated employees may sign for the electronic return originator.
(b) If the taxpayer is unable to obtain the paid preparer's signature on the Alabama Form AL8453-B, in lieu of the paid preparer's signature the electronic return originator may attach to the Alabama Form AL8453-B a copy of the appropriate pages of the paper return with the paid preparer's signature.
(c) Electronic return originators and electronic return preparers are prohibited from allowing taxpayers to sign a blank Alabama Form AL8453-B.
(4) The completed and signed Alabama Form AL8453-B will serve as the filing declaration for the electronic Business Privilege Tax Return.
(5) The completed and signed Alabama Form AL8453-B must be retained by the electronic return originator for a period of three years from the due date of the return or three years from the date the return was filed, whichever is later. The electronic return originator will provide the Department with the original Alabama Form AL8453-B within five business days of receiving a written request for the documents from the Department.(New Rule: Filed April 9, 2013; effective May 14, 2013. Amended by Alabama Administrative Monthly Volume XXXVI, Issue No. 07, April 30, 2018, eff. May 24, 2018.)
Authors: Melissa Gillis, Michaelyn N. AdamsStatutory Authority:Code of Ala. 1975, §§ 40-2A-7(a)(5), 40-30-5.