HIV/AIDS Bureau; Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Core Medical Services Waiver Application Requirements
This notice solicits comments on the HRSA proposed uniform waiver standards for Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program grantees requesting a core medical services waiver for Fiscal Year 2008 and beyond. Title XXVI of the Public Health Service Act (PHS) Act, as amended by the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Treatment Modernization Act of 2006 (Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program) requires that grantees expend 75 percent of Parts A, B, and C funds on core medical services, including antiretroviral drugs, for individuals with HIV/AIDS identified and eligible under the legislation, effective Fiscal Year (FY) 2007. HRSA has issued guidance for obtaining a waiver for FY 2007 and seeks to issue waiver requirements for grantees under Parts A, B, and C of Title XXVI of the PHS Act for FY 2008 and future years.
Cooperative Agreement for Poison Prevention Education; CFDA #93.253
HRSA will be enhancing the partnership with the Home Safety Council (HSC) to collaborate on reaching America's low literacy population. Through this project, additional poison prevention training materials targeting the low literacy population will be developed and distributed to the public, poison centers, safety and injury prevention professionals, health educators, and first responders. HRSA first announced the partnership with the HSC in the Federal Register, Vol. 71, No. 146, July 31, 2006.
Advisory Committee on Interdisciplinary, Community-Based Linkages; Notice of Request for Nominations
The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) is requesting nominations to fill seven (7) upcoming vacancies on the Advisory Committee on Interdisciplinary, Community-Based Linkages (ACICBL). Authority: 42 U.S.C. 294f, Section 756 of the PHS Act, as amended. The Advisory Committee is governed by provisions of Public Law (Pub. L.) 92-463, as amended (5 U.S.C. Appendix 2) which sets forth standards for the formation and use of advisory committees.
Revisions to the Program Guidance for the Training in Primary Care Medicine and Dentistry Program
HRSA announces a revision to the program guidance for the Training in Primary Care Medicine and Dentistry Program posted on August 23, 2007 on Grants.gov, http://www.grants.gov. The guidance includes information for the following competitive funding opportunities: HRSA-08-032 Academic Administrative Units; HRSA-08-035 Physician Faculty Development; HRSA-08-037 Predoctoral Training; HRSA-08-039 Physician Assistant Training; HRSA-08-042 Residency Training; and HRSA- 08-044 Residency Training in General and Pediatric Dentistry. This revision only affects the Physician Faculty Development program, HRSA- 08-035. A revised guidance has been posted on Grants.gov. Specifically, the additional language included in the guidance is presented below: Primary Care Clinician Research FellowshipThis track provides fellowships that focus on development of primary care research investigators. DurationFellowships will last 2 to 3 years. FeaturesApplications should include a rigorous research/training track which is offered at an academic health science center. Advanced degrees (e.g., M.P.H., M.P.A.) are a desirable option. Desirable candidates include multidisciplinary physician faculty and fellows. Research areas should be consistent with the scope and content of primary care practice and education, and may include such areas as the linkage between Healthy People 2010 and health disparities, community and practice-based research, patient safety, quality improvement, professionalism, health literacy, and cultural competency. Stipend LevelEnhanced stipend level is equivalent to National Research Service Award (NRSA) stipends, which range from $36,996 for individuals entering immediately following receipt of their doctoral degree to $51,036 for individuals with 7 years or more of relevant experience and/or training. A table of stipend levels is provided in this guidance. Supplementation of the stipends is allowable and encouraged; however, the combination of stipend and supplementation may not exceed the full-time salary of comparable multidisciplinary physician faculty at the applicant's institution. Time RequirementPro-rated stipends are not available. For applicants requesting full stipends, 60 percent of a Fellow's time for 24- to 36 months of fellowship must be devoted to formal research training. The remaining 40 percent of time for a 24 to 36-month fellowship must be spent in activities consistent with the roles of academic faculty (clinical practice, teaching, and/or administration).