Public Land Order No. 7723; Partial Revocation of Lighthouse Withdrawals Created by Two Executive Orders and Transfer of Administrative Jurisdiction; California, 117 [E8-31242]

Download as PDF Federal Register / Vol. 74, No. 1 / Friday, January 2, 2009 / Notices Boise Meridian Kaniksu National Forest T. 54 N., R. 1 W., Sec. 10, lot 2, S1⁄2NE1⁄4. The area described contains 135.20 acres in Bonner County. 2. Public Land Order No. 1703, which withdrew National Forest System lands from surface entry and mining and reserved them for use of the United States Army Corps of Engineers for flood control purposes in connection with the Albeni Falls Project, is hereby revoked insofar as it affects the following described lands: mstockstill on PROD1PC66 with NOTICES Boise Meridian T. 54 N., R. 1 W., Sec. 10, lot 2, that portion commencing in the center of Section 10 at a found 21⁄2 inches and 30 inches long aluminum pipe with a standard 31⁄4 inch aluminum cap set by Bureau of Land Management (BLM) and being buried 10 inches below the surface of road 278, to which a tamarack marked ‘‘C1⁄4 S10 BT’’ and having a diameter of 15 inches bears north 64° 3⁄4′ east and a distance of 41.6 feet, also to which a lodgepole pine marked ‘‘C1⁄4 S10 B 10’’ and have a diameter of 17 inches bears south 44° west and a distance of 33.7 feet; thence south 89° 48′ west, a distance of 649.8 feet (9.83 chains) along the east-west centerline of said Section 10 to the northeast corner of government lot 5 and a found 21⁄2 inches and 30 inches long aluminum pipe with a standard 31⁄4 inch aluminum cap set by BLM, said corner of government lot 5 also being the POINT OF BEGINNING and the southwest corner of subject property; thence north a distance of 65.0 feet to the northwest corner of subject property and a set 3⁄4 inch and 24 inches long rebar with a 33⁄4 inch aluminum cap; thence north 89° 48′ east, a distance of 431.8 feet to the northeast corner of subject property and a set 3⁄4 inch and 24 inches long rebar with a 33⁄4 inch aluminum cap; thence south a distance of 65.0 feet to the southeast corner of subject property and a set 3⁄4 inch and 24 inches long rebar with a 33⁄4 inch aluminum cap, said southeast corner being located on said east-west centerline of said Section 10; thence south 89° 48′ west, a distance of 431.8 feet to the POINT OF BEGINNING of subject property. The area described contains 0.64 acres, more or less in Bonner County. 3. At 9 a.m. on February 2, 2009, the lands described as the S1⁄2NE1⁄4, of sec. 10, T. 54 N., R. 1 W., Boise Meridian, and the lands described in Paragraph 2 above and aggregating 80.64 acres, shall be opened to such forms of disposition as may by law be made of National Forest System lands, subject to valid existing rights, the provisions of existing withdrawals, other segregations of record, and the requirements of applicable law. VerDate Aug<31>2005 16:23 Dec 31, 2008 Jkt 217001 Dated: December 12, 2008. C. Stephen Allred, Assistant Secretary—Land and Minerals Management. [FR Doc. E8–31229 Filed 12–31–08; 8:45 am] BILLING CODE 3410–11–P 117 1854 and January 26, 1867, which withdrew public lands from surface entry and mining and reserved them for lighthouse purposes, are hereby revoked insofar as they affect the following lands: San Bernardino Meridian DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR Bureau of Land Management [CA–930; CACA 7670 and CACA 7672] Public Land Order No. 7723; Partial Revocation of Lighthouse Withdrawals Created by Two Executive Orders and Transfer of Administrative Jurisdiction; California AGENCY: Bureau of Land Management, Interior. ACTION: Public land order. SUMMARY: This order partially revokes the withdrawals created by two Executive Orders insofar as they affect approximately 700 acres of public lands reserved for lighthouse purposes. This order also transfers administrative jurisdiction of the lands to the National Park Service to be managed as part of the Channel Islands National Park. The United States Coast Guard has determined the reservations are no longer needed. DATES: January 2, 2009. FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Duane Marti, BLM California State Office (CA–930), 2800 Cottage Way, Suite W–1834, Sacramento, California 95825–1886; 916–978–4675. SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION: The public lands comprise Anacapa Island, which consists of three islets, and Cat Rock; all of which are located in the Pacific Ocean, approximately 14 miles west of the coast of California. The Act of Congress dated March 5, 1980 (16 U.S.C. 410ff and 410ff–1 (2000)), established the Channel Islands National Park and authorized the Secretary of the Interior to transfer administrative jurisdiction of Federal property located within the park boundary to the National Park Service. The lands have been and will continue to be closed to all forms of appropriation under the public land laws, including mining and mineral leasing. Order By virtue of the authority vested in the Secretary of the Interior by Section 204 of the Federal Land Policy and Management Act of 1976, 43 U.S.C. 1714 (2000), it is ordered as follows: 1. The withdrawals created by Executive Orders dated September 11, PO 00000 Frm 00049 Fmt 4703 Sfmt 4703 Unsurveyed T. 2 S., Rgs. 24 and 25 W. All of that part of the Anacapa Island Lighthouse Reservation, a group of three islets known as Anacapa Island, including the following described parcels of land: Parcel 1 All of the land comprising the east islet of the group lying eastward of West Longitude 119° 23′ 38″ (North American Datum 1927) comprising 106.88 acres, more or less; Parcel 2 All of the land comprising the middle islet lying between West Longitude 119° 23′ 21″ and 119° 23′ 30″ and south of Latitude 34° 00′ 14″ North comprising 7.68 acres, more or less; Parcel 3 All of the land comprising the west islet, lying westward of West Longitude 119° 26′ 10″ comprising 46.72 acres, more or less; and Parcel 4 The entire area of Cat Rock, which lies off the southern extremity of the west islet comprising 0.5 acre more or less; and all the remaining lands originally withdrawn for lighthouse purposes and incorporated into the Channel Islands National Monument by Presidential Proclamation No. 2281, containing 538.22 acres, more or less. The areas described aggregate approximately 700 acres in Ventura County. 2. Subject to valid existing rights, the administrative jurisdiction of the public lands described above in Paragraph 1 is hereby transferred to the National Park Service, pursuant to Section 202 of the Act of Congress dated March 5, 1980, (16 U.S.C. 410ff–1 (2000)). 3. The public lands described above in paragraph 1 are located within the exterior boundary of the Channel Islands National Park, and shall be administered as part of that park in accordance with applicable Federal laws and regulations. Dated: December 16, 2008. C. Stephen Allred, Assistant Secretary—Land and Minerals Management. [FR Doc. E8–31242 Filed 12–31–08; 8:45 am] BILLING CODE 4910–15–P E:\FR\FM\02JAN1.SGM 02JAN1

Agencies

[Federal Register Volume 74, Number 1 (Friday, January 2, 2009)]
[Notices]
[Page 117]
From the Federal Register Online via the Government Printing Office [www.gpo.gov]
[FR Doc No: E8-31242]


-----------------------------------------------------------------------

DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR

Bureau of Land Management

[CA-930; CACA 7670 and CACA 7672]


Public Land Order No. 7723; Partial Revocation of Lighthouse 
Withdrawals Created by Two Executive Orders and Transfer of 
Administrative Jurisdiction; California

AGENCY: Bureau of Land Management, Interior.

ACTION: Public land order.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

SUMMARY: This order partially revokes the withdrawals created by two 
Executive Orders insofar as they affect approximately 700 acres of 
public lands reserved for lighthouse purposes. This order also 
transfers administrative jurisdiction of the lands to the National Park 
Service to be managed as part of the Channel Islands National Park. The 
United States Coast Guard has determined the reservations are no longer 
needed.

DATES: January 2, 2009.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Duane Marti, BLM California State 
Office (CA-930), 2800 Cottage Way, Suite W-1834, Sacramento, California 
95825-1886; 916-978-4675.

SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION: The public lands comprise Anacapa Island, 
which consists of three islets, and Cat Rock; all of which are located 
in the Pacific Ocean, approximately 14 miles west of the coast of 
California. The Act of Congress dated March 5, 1980 (16 U.S.C. 410ff 
and 410ff-1 (2000)), established the Channel Islands National Park and 
authorized the Secretary of the Interior to transfer administrative 
jurisdiction of Federal property located within the park boundary to 
the National Park Service. The lands have been and will continue to be 
closed to all forms of appropriation under the public land laws, 
including mining and mineral leasing.

Order

    By virtue of the authority vested in the Secretary of the Interior 
by Section 204 of the Federal Land Policy and Management Act of 1976, 
43 U.S.C. 1714 (2000), it is ordered as follows:
    1. The withdrawals created by Executive Orders dated September 11, 
1854 and January 26, 1867, which withdrew public lands from surface 
entry and mining and reserved them for lighthouse purposes, are hereby 
revoked insofar as they affect the following lands:

San Bernardino Meridian

Unsurveyed T. 2 S., Rgs. 24 and 25 W.

    All of that part of the Anacapa Island Lighthouse Reservation, a 
group of three islets known as Anacapa Island, including the 
following described parcels of land:
    Parcel 1 All of the land comprising the east islet of the group 
lying eastward of West Longitude 119[deg] 23' 38'' (North American 
Datum 1927) comprising 106.88 acres, more or less;
    Parcel 2 All of the land comprising the middle islet lying 
between West Longitude 119[deg] 23' 21'' and 119[deg] 23' 30'' and 
south of Latitude 34[deg] 00' 14'' North comprising 7.68 acres, more 
or less;
    Parcel 3 All of the land comprising the west islet, lying 
westward of West Longitude 119[deg] 26' 10'' comprising 46.72 acres, 
more or less; and
    Parcel 4 The entire area of Cat Rock, which lies off the 
southern extremity of the west islet comprising 0.5 acre more or 
less; and all the remaining lands originally withdrawn for 
lighthouse purposes and incorporated into the Channel Islands 
National Monument by Presidential Proclamation No. 2281, containing 
538.22 acres, more or less.

    The areas described aggregate approximately 700 acres in Ventura 
County.

    2. Subject to valid existing rights, the administrative 
jurisdiction of the public lands described above in Paragraph 1 is 
hereby transferred to the National Park Service, pursuant to Section 
202 of the Act of Congress dated March 5, 1980, (16 U.S.C. 410ff-1 
(2000)).
    3. The public lands described above in paragraph 1 are located 
within the exterior boundary of the Channel Islands National Park, and 
shall be administered as part of that park in accordance with 
applicable Federal laws and regulations.

    Dated: December 16, 2008.
C. Stephen Allred,
Assistant Secretary--Land and Minerals Management.
[FR Doc. E8-31242 Filed 12-31-08; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4910-15-P