Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council; Public Meetings, 15139-15140 [E8-5773]

Download as PDF Federal Register / Vol. 73, No. 56 / Friday, March 21, 2008 / Notices Proposed Management Action for Flowers Garden Banks and receive an Update on LNG Facilities. 10:30 a.m.–11:30 a.m.—CLOSED SESSIONS—Council will discuss AP and SSC Selections and Budget/ Personnel Issues. Although other non-emergency issues not on the agendas may come before the Council and Committees for discussion, in accordance with the MagnusonStevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act (Magnuson-Stevens Act), those issues may not be the subject of formal action during these meetings. Actions of the Council and Committees will be restricted to those issues specifically identified in the agendas and any issues arising after publication of this notice that require emergency action under Section 305(c) of the Magnuson-Stevens Act, provided the public has been notified of the Council’s intent to take action to address the emergency. The established times for addressing items on the agenda may be adjusted as necessary to accommodate the timely completion of discussion relevant to the agenda items. In order to further allow for such adjustments and completion of all items on the agenda, the meeting may be extended from, or completed prior to the date established in this notice. (SSC), its Ad Hoc Excessive Shares Committee, the Mid-Atlantic section of the Joint Monkfish Committee, its Protected Resources Committee, its Research Set-Aside (RSA) Committee, its Executive Committee, its Surfclam/ Ocean Quahog Committee, its Bycatch Committee, and its Demersal Committee, will hold public meetings. DATES: The meetings will be held on Monday, April 7, 2008 through Thursday, April 10, 2008. See SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION for specific dates and times. ADDRESSES: The meetings will be held at the Sheraton Annapolis Hotel, 173 Jennifer Road, Annapolis, MD 21401; telephone: (410) 266–3131. Council address: Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council, 300 S. New St., Room 2115, Dover, DE 19904; telephone: (302) 674–2331. FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Daniel T. Furlong, Executive Director, Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council; telephone: (302) 674–2331 ext. 19. SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION: Special Accommodations These meetings are physically accessible to people with disabilities. Requests for sign language interpretation or other auxiliary aids should be directed to Tina Trezza at the Council (see ADDRESSES) at least 5 working days prior to the meeting. 9 a.m. until 11 a.m.—The Ad Hoc Excessive Shares Committee will meet. 11 a.m. until 12 p.m.—The MidAtlantic section of the Joint Monkfish Committee will meet. 1 p.m until 3 p.m.—The Protected Resources Committee will meet. 3 p.m. until 5:30 p.m.—The Research Set-Aside (RSA) Committee will meet. Dated: March 18, 2008. Tracey L. Thompson, Acting Director, Office of Sustainable Fisheries, National Marine Fisheries Service. [FR Doc. E8–5778 Filed 3–20–08; 8:45 am] BILLING CODE 3510–22–S DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration RIN: 0648–XG50 Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council; Public Meetings National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS), National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), Commerce. ACTION: Notice of public meetings. mstockstill on PROD1PC66 with NOTICES AGENCY: The Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council (Council), its Science and Statistical Committee SUMMARY: VerDate Aug<31>2005 18:33 Mar 20, 2008 Jkt 214001 Monday, April 7, 2008 10 a.m. until 5 p.m.—The Science and Statistical Committee (SSC) will meet. Tuesday, April 8, 2008 Wednesday, April 9, 2008 8 a.m. until 9:30 a.m.—The Executive Committee will meet. 9:30 a.m. until 10 a.m.—The Surfclam/Ocean Quahog Committee will meet. 10 a.m. until 12 p.m.—The Bycatch Committee will meet. 1:15 p.m. until 3:15 p.m.—The Council will convene and hold its Business Session. 3:15 p.m. until 4 p.m.—The Council will receive a presentation regarding New England Council’s Habitat Areas of Particular Concern (HAPC) Initiative. 4 p.m. until 5 p.m.—Monkfish Framework 6 will be reviewed and discussed for the purpose of adoption. Thursday, April 10, 2008 8 a.m. until 9:30 a.m.—The Demersal Committee will meet. 9:30 a.m. until 2:30 p.m.—The Council will convene to review and PO 00000 Frm 00020 Fmt 4703 Sfmt 4703 15139 discuss Amendment 1 to Tilefish for purposes of adoption. 2:30 p.m. until 4 p.m.—The Council will receive Committee Reports and consider Continuing and New Business. Agenda items by day for the Council’s Committees and the Council itself are: Monday, April 7—An orientation session for the Science and Statistical Committee will be held to review and discuss the roles of the Council, the SSC, the Monitoring Committees, NMFS, and the Council staff; review the Council’s current specification setting procedures and related timing issues; review Annual Catch Limits (ACL) and Accountability Measures (AM) requirements established by the Magnuson-Steven Reauthorization Act (MSRA); discuss possible alternative specification procedures; review Terms of Reference (TOR) for the SSC regarding the annual specification setting process; evaluate and modify current SSC composition by discipline/ expertise; review SSC membership appointment protocol and the need to expand the Committee; and, discuss quality assurance/quality control measures for SSC appointment. Tuesday, April 8—The Ad Hoc Excessive Shares Committee will review and discuss the meaning/interpretation of the Magnuson-Stevens Act (MSA) National Standard 4, Section 303A(c)(5)(D), Section 303A(c)(9) and develop ideas on and practical application of excessive shares concept. The Mid-Atlantic section of the Joint Monkfish Committee will review and discuss proposed measures in Framework 6, select a preferred alternative, and develop a Committee recommendation for Council consideration and action. The Protected Resources Committee will review recent Harbor Porpoise Take Reduction Team activities and receive a report on NMFS’ Protected Resources Public Outreach Program in the Mid-Atlantic region. The RSA Committee will review a draft policy document regarding the Council’s RSA program’s operations, review the status of the Mid-Atlantic Council’s RSA projects/awards, discuss the need for RSA programmatic reviews, and consider establishing a MidAtlantic Research Consortium. Wednesday, April 9—The Executive Committee will review discussions and outcomes from the Northeast Regional Coordinating Council (NRCC) meeting, and review, discuss, and endorse staff’s proposed approach to satisfying MSA Section 303(a)(15). The Surfclam/Ocean Quahog Committee will receive an update on commitments made at the most recent Amendment 14 Fishery Management Action Team (FMAT) E:\FR\FM\21MRN1.SGM 21MRN1 15140 Federal Register / Vol. 73, No. 56 / Friday, March 21, 2008 / Notices meeting. The Bycatch Committee will discuss measures to reduce bycatch mortality in recreational fisheries and review the status of the Council’s Bycatch educational outreach initiative. Following these Committee meetings, there will be an awards presentation to recognize the recipient of the 2007 Ricks E Savage Award. The Council will then convene to receive various reports, receive a presentation regarding the New England Council’s HAPC Initiative, and review and approve Monkfish Framework 6 for Secretarial submission. Thursday, April 10—The Demersal Committee will review the purpose and need of the current list of potential actions to be addressed by Amendment 15. The Council will then review preferences for management alternatives based on public comments received for Tilefish Amendment 1, discuss and adopt preferred alternatives to be included in the Final Environmental Impact Statement (FEIS) supporting Tilefish Amendment 1, and approve Amendment 1 and associated FEIS for Secretarial submission. The Council will then receive Committee Reports, and consider any continuing or new business. Although non-emergency issues not contained in this agenda may come before the Council for discussion, these issues may not be the subject of formal Council action during these meetings. Council action will be restricted to those issues specifically listed in this notice and any issues arising after publication of this notice that require emergency action under Section 305(c) of the Magnuson-Stevens Act, provided the public has been notified of the Council’s intent t take final actions to address such emergencies. Special Accommodations These meetings are physically accessible to people with disabilities. Requests for sign language interpretation or other auxiliary aid should be directed to M. Jan Bryan, (302) 674–2331 ext 18, at least 5 days prior to the meeting date. Dated: March 18, 2008. Tracey L. Thompson, Acting Director, Office of Sustainable Fisheries, National Marine Fisheries Service. [FR Doc. E8–5773 Filed 3–20–08; 8:45 am] BILLING CODE 3510–22–S DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration RIN: 0648–XG47 Pacific Fishery Management Council; Public Meetings National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS), National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), Commerce. ACTION: Notice of public meetings. AGENCY: SUMMARY: The Pacific Fishery Management Council (Council) and its advisory entities will hold public meetings. The Council and its advisory entities will meet April 6–12, 2008. The Council meeting will begin on Monday, April 7, at 12:30 p.m., reconvening each day through Saturday. All meetings are open to the public, except a closed session will be held from 12:30 p.m. until 1:30 p.m. on Monday, April 7 to address litigation and personnel matters. The Council will meet as late as necessary each day to complete its scheduled business. ADDRESSES: The meetings will be held at the Seattle Marriott Hotel, 3201 South 176th Street, Seattle, WA 98188; telephone: (206) 241–2000. Council address: Pacific Fishery Management Council, 7700 NE Ambassador Place, Suite 101, Portland, OR 97220. FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Dr. Donald O. McIsaac, Executive Director; telephone: (503) 820–2280. SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION: The following items are on the Council agenda, but not necessarily in this order: A. Call to Order 1. Opening Remarks and Introductions 2. Roll Call 3. Executive Director’s Report 4. Approve Agenda B. Open Public Comment Comments on Non-Agenda Items C. Administrative Matters 1. Future Council Meeting Agenda and Workload Planning 2. Legislative Matters 3. Magnuson-Stevens Act Reauthorization Implementation DATES: 4. Membership Appointments and Council Operating Procedures D. Enforcement Issues Fishery Enforcement Activity Report E. Habitat Current Habitat Issues F. Salmon Management 1. Tentative Adoption of 2008 Ocean Salmon Management Measures for Analysis 2. Clarify Council Direction on 2008 Management Measures 3. Pacific Salmon Commission CodedWire Tag Workgroup Report 4. Methodology Review Process and Preliminary Topic Selection for 2008 5. Final Action on 2008 Management Measures 6. Clarify Final Action on 2008 Management Measures G. Pacific Halibut Management Incidental Catch Regulations for the Salmon Troll and Fixed Gear Sablefish Fisheries H. Groundfish Management 1. Management Specifications for 2009–2010 Fisheries 2. NMFS Report 3. Fishery Management Plan Amendment 21: Intersector Allocation 4. Consideration of Inseason Adjustments 5. Part I of Management Measures for 2009–2010 Fisheries 6. Part II of Management Measures for 2009–2010 Fisheries 7. Final Consideration of Inseason Adjustments I. Marine Protected Areas 1. Proposals for New Marine Protected Areas in the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary 2. Olympic Coastal National Marine Sanctuary Condition Report J. Highly Migratory Species Management 1. NMFS Report 2. Recommendations to the U.S. Section of the Inter-American Tropical Tuna Commission 3. Exempted Fishing Permit for Longline Fishing in the West Coast Exclusive Economic Zone mstockstill on PROD1PC66 with NOTICES SCHEDULE OF ANCILLARY MEETINGS SUNDAY, April 6, 2008 Groundfish Advisory Subpanel Groundfish Management Team Legislative Committee MONDAY, April 7, 2008 Council Secretariat VerDate Aug<31>2005 18:33 Mar 20, 2008 . 1 p.m.. 1 p.m.. 1 p.m.. . 7 a.m.. Jkt 214001 PO 00000 Frm 00021 Fmt 4703 Sfmt 4703 E:\FR\FM\21MRN1.SGM 21MRN1

Agencies

[Federal Register Volume 73, Number 56 (Friday, March 21, 2008)]
[Notices]
[Pages 15139-15140]
From the Federal Register Online via the Government Printing Office [www.gpo.gov]
[FR Doc No: E8-5773]


-----------------------------------------------------------------------

DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE

National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration

RIN: 0648-XG50


Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council; Public Meetings

AGENCY: National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS), National Oceanic and 
Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), Commerce.

ACTION: Notice of public meetings.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

SUMMARY: The Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council (Council), its 
Science and Statistical Committee (SSC), its Ad Hoc Excessive Shares 
Committee, the Mid-Atlantic section of the Joint Monkfish Committee, 
its Protected Resources Committee, its Research Set-Aside (RSA) 
Committee, its Executive Committee, its Surfclam/Ocean Quahog 
Committee, its Bycatch Committee, and its Demersal Committee, will hold 
public meetings.

DATES: The meetings will be held on Monday, April 7, 2008 through 
Thursday, April 10, 2008. See SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION for specific 
dates and times.

ADDRESSES: The meetings will be held at the Sheraton Annapolis Hotel, 
173 Jennifer Road, Annapolis, MD 21401; telephone: (410) 266-3131.
    Council address: Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council, 300 S. 
New St., Room 2115, Dover, DE 19904; telephone: (302) 674-2331.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Daniel T. Furlong, Executive Director, 
Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council; telephone: (302) 674-2331 ext. 
19.

SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION:

Monday, April 7, 2008

    10 a.m. until 5 p.m.--The Science and Statistical Committee (SSC) 
will meet.

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

    9 a.m. until 11 a.m.--The Ad Hoc Excessive Shares Committee will 
meet.
    11 a.m. until 12 p.m.--The Mid-Atlantic section of the Joint 
Monkfish Committee will meet.
    1 p.m until 3 p.m.--The Protected Resources Committee will meet.
    3 p.m. until 5:30 p.m.--The Research Set-Aside (RSA) Committee will 
meet.

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

    8 a.m. until 9:30 a.m.--The Executive Committee will meet.
    9:30 a.m. until 10 a.m.--The Surfclam/Ocean Quahog Committee will 
meet.
    10 a.m. until 12 p.m.--The Bycatch Committee will meet.
    1:15 p.m. until 3:15 p.m.--The Council will convene and hold its 
Business Session.
    3:15 p.m. until 4 p.m.--The Council will receive a presentation 
regarding New England Council's Habitat Areas of Particular Concern 
(HAPC) Initiative.
    4 p.m. until 5 p.m.--Monkfish Framework 6 will be reviewed and 
discussed for the purpose of adoption.

Thursday, April 10, 2008

    8 a.m. until 9:30 a.m.--The Demersal Committee will meet.
    9:30 a.m. until 2:30 p.m.--The Council will convene to review and 
discuss Amendment 1 to Tilefish for purposes of adoption.
    2:30 p.m. until 4 p.m.--The Council will receive Committee Reports 
and consider Continuing and New Business.
    Agenda items by day for the Council's Committees and the Council 
itself are:
    Monday, April 7--An orientation session for the Science and 
Statistical Committee will be held to review and discuss the roles of 
the Council, the SSC, the Monitoring Committees, NMFS, and the Council 
staff; review the Council's current specification setting procedures 
and related timing issues; review Annual Catch Limits (ACL) and 
Accountability Measures (AM) requirements established by the Magnuson-
Steven Reauthorization Act (MSRA); discuss possible alternative 
specification procedures; review Terms of Reference (TOR) for the SSC 
regarding the annual specification setting process; evaluate and modify 
current SSC composition by discipline/expertise; review SSC membership 
appointment protocol and the need to expand the Committee; and, discuss 
quality assurance/quality control measures for SSC appointment.
    Tuesday, April 8--The Ad Hoc Excessive Shares Committee will review 
and discuss the meaning/interpretation of the Magnuson-Stevens Act 
(MSA) National Standard 4, Section 303A(c)(5)(D), Section 303A(c)(9) 
and develop ideas on and practical application of excessive shares 
concept. The Mid-Atlantic section of the Joint Monkfish Committee will 
review and discuss proposed measures in Framework 6, select a preferred 
alternative, and develop a Committee recommendation for Council 
consideration and action. The Protected Resources Committee will review 
recent Harbor Porpoise Take Reduction Team activities and receive a 
report on NMFS' Protected Resources Public Outreach Program in the Mid-
Atlantic region. The RSA Committee will review a draft policy document 
regarding the Council's RSA program's operations, review the status of 
the Mid-Atlantic Council's RSA projects/awards, discuss the need for 
RSA programmatic reviews, and consider establishing a Mid-Atlantic 
Research Consortium.
    Wednesday, April 9--The Executive Committee will review discussions 
and outcomes from the Northeast Regional Coordinating Council (NRCC) 
meeting, and review, discuss, and endorse staff's proposed approach to 
satisfying MSA Section 303(a)(15). The Surfclam/Ocean Quahog Committee 
will receive an update on commitments made at the most recent Amendment 
14 Fishery Management Action Team (FMAT)

[[Page 15140]]

meeting. The Bycatch Committee will discuss measures to reduce bycatch 
mortality in recreational fisheries and review the status of the 
Council's Bycatch educational outreach initiative. Following these 
Committee meetings, there will be an awards presentation to recognize 
the recipient of the 2007 Ricks E Savage Award. The Council will then 
convene to receive various reports, receive a presentation regarding 
the New England Council's HAPC Initiative, and review and approve 
Monkfish Framework 6 for Secretarial submission.
    Thursday, April 10--The Demersal Committee will review the purpose 
and need of the current list of potential actions to be addressed by 
Amendment 15. The Council will then review preferences for management 
alternatives based on public comments received for Tilefish Amendment 
1, discuss and adopt preferred alternatives to be included in the Final 
Environmental Impact Statement (FEIS) supporting Tilefish Amendment 1, 
and approve Amendment 1 and associated FEIS for Secretarial submission. 
The Council will then receive Committee Reports, and consider any 
continuing or new business.
    Although non-emergency issues not contained in this agenda may come 
before the Council for discussion, these issues may not be the subject 
of formal Council action during these meetings. Council action will be 
restricted to those issues specifically listed in this notice and any 
issues arising after publication of this notice that require emergency 
action under Section 305(c) of the Magnuson-Stevens Act, provided the 
public has been notified of the Council's intent t take final actions 
to address such emergencies.

Special Accommodations

    These meetings are physically accessible to people with 
disabilities. Requests for sign language interpretation or other 
auxiliary aid should be directed to M. Jan Bryan, (302) 674-2331 ext 
18, at least 5 days prior to the meeting date.

    Dated: March 18, 2008.
Tracey L. Thompson,
Acting Director, Office of Sustainable Fisheries, National Marine 
Fisheries Service.
[FR Doc. E8-5773 Filed 3-20-08; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 3510-22-S